Palm Bay Truck Accident Attorney
The highways that crisscross the U.S. are the domain of the commercial truck, and the country depends on transportation of their goods. In 2005, there were nearly 8.5 million large trucks, including semi trucks, registered in the U.S. With so many of them on the road, accidents are inevitable, especially in Palm Bay, Melbourne and Titusville, which are dissected by I-95.
If you have been injured in a semi truck accident, you need representation from seasoned personal injury lawyers, like the Brevard County semi truck accident attorneys at Couture Law P.A. They have the experience, compassion and perseverance to ensure that your case is pursued to a satisfactory resolution.
Semi trucks are capable of doing massive damage in an accident. More than 50% of all crashes involving a semi truck resulted in injuries in 2007. The causes of semi truck accidents have been revealed in a recent study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in cooperation with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and the revelations are shocking. There are three major factors that precede most semi truck accidents:
- Swerving outside of the lane of travel
- Loss of vehicle control
- Rear-end collision with a vehicle in front of the semi truck
The top 10 factors that contribute to the above events
- Problems with braking system
- Interruption of the flow of traffic, i.e. sudden stops or evasive maneuvers
- Influence of prescription drugs
- Driving faster than road conditions allow
- Lack of familiarity with the roads
- Problems on the roadway, including potholes, debris, etc.
- A stop light or other required stop that the driver was unprepared for
- Influence of over-the-counter medicine, such as cold remedies
- Not looking in all directions before proceeding
Each semi truck accident is unique and complex, and requires diligent study and research of all facets. Police reports, witness accounts and your testimony, combined with physical evidence must be taken into account. Considering the unique circumstances surrounding a semi truck crash, representation by experienced and aggressive semi truck accident lawyers is critical. The attorneys at Couture Law PA will study all of the facts and elements involving your case, and fight to secure just compensation for your injuries, including medical bills, time off of work and other costs you have incurred as a result of the semi truck accident.
Couture Law P.A. represents semi truck accident victims in all of Brevard County, including Melbourne, Titusville, Palm Bay and the entire Space Coast, including surrounding cities.